In the present blog, we are going to discuss the 7 biggest problems of mi band 4. I am using this band thoroughly for the last few months based on that experience. I am going to showcase the problems with proofs, still, with all these problems, I can say for sure that this is the best fitness band that you can buy in the current market under the Rs.3000 price segment and I recommend this so the first problem is: –
Screen ON time when you activate this band it remains ON only for 5 seconds and then it automatically goes off and the problem is that there’s no option to set it. it’s set by default to 5 secs there’s no option from band neither is there any option from the application so this is one of the biggest problems.
1. The next problem is the watch faces. The amount of watch faces that you get in this band is much more compared to any fitness band in the range you get over 50 watch faces in it but the problem is that you don’t have an option to access all the watches from the band itself. you just get options of up to 4 watch faces to select from the band 3 out of those 4 watches in the band are default only the 4th watch faces are one that you sync from the band recently. only the recently synced watch face is available to select from the band so this is also a software glitch and according to me is the biggest problem of all reason being, you get so many watch faces, but you can’t explore them all from the band.
2. The next issue is with sleep tracking, you get sleep tracking but there’s no separate sleep tracking tab in the band. you have to connect the band via app to track the data. there’s a problem in it too 1st, it’s not very accurate. it’s not recording the awake time in between. The band is considering it as light sleep instead plus the bed and wakeup time is not 100% accurate so there’s an accuracy issue and the 2nd thing is it doesn’t have a feature to track the daytime sleep yet honor band 4 had this feature since last year.
3. The next problem is related to the heart rate sensor, the band is released in 2019 but you don’t get an intelligent HR sensor in it, Example, you set the HR sensor to 24hr monitoring mode and you can see even when you aren’t wearing it, the band still tries to records in comparison, in Samsung galaxy fit e, honor band 4 has the feature of intelligent sensing via which, when you aren’t wearing the band it will sense it and won’t record the reading to save the battery but it’s not the case with Mi band 4.
4. Next is the water sensitivity issue, it’s a touch screen device (How fingerprint scanner works) so it obviously behaves abnormally when it comes in contact with water but this is also a Fitness band and you have a pool swim mode in the band so as soon as you take it to pool it won’t be easy to access it. it behaves abnormally even with normal dropping over the screen. it’s good as long as it’s locked but it goes crazy when unlocked and when you get it underwater then it’s impossible to access the screen.
5. Next is the charger issue, the charger is completely different from the previous versions. you can’t use earlier version chargers with this band so there’s interchangeability here and the main problem with the charger is, this band has 2 charging pins at the bottom still you have to remove the module and plugin charger but since I am using the honor since last 8 months it’s not the same in this case despite the fact that it has the design to directly plugin.
6. The next issue is its Home button, you get a dedicated home button but its function is very limited. you can set it manually for any specific function or task in fact you see when you are in any option than pressing the button brings back to the submenu or menu instead of going back home. it already has right swipe interface to go back so these were few problems that I personally encountered and showcased you these might get fixed in near future but if you buy this device now, then these are the problems you shall encounter if you can ignore these problems then you can certainly buy this device. I still say that it’s the best fitness band under the Rs.3000 tag segment.